Why?

Why another blog? I want a place to share my sadness and triumphs. I need a place to share my frustration, anger and tears. I also need a place to celebrate me, when I do good. My family blog is about my family. This blog is for my "Daily Stresses".

April 12, 2012

This is the YEAR

Day 1 (sort of)
Like so many people in the world, I am trying to get healthier. The biggest challenge to tackle is my weight. I have put on a whole other self since I got married 14 years ago!!! (Happy Anniversary BTW, Bran!!) I have done okay this year, and am down about 15 pounds.

I have given up caffeine. HARDEST. THING. TO. QUIT!!!!! But I did it! I do have an occasional diet sprite to spike my crystal lite. But, feeling pretty good about that!

I have gone to the gym twice this week. That doubles my visits for the year!! ha ha. But, I feel good, and my body has that good-sore I've-been-working-out achy-ness.

I tell you this, to help me be accountable. That is something I am not, with regard to my eating and weight. Any comment feels critical, even if it is meant as helpful! So, I have to put myself out there...and report back.

I started something new a couple of weeks ago, and had good success. I needed to see if I was really ready to commit, and I am, so today I started again! I was down 7 pounds from the sample I did, so with day one being today I am really ahead of the game!

WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments: