Why?

Why another blog? I want a place to share my sadness and triumphs. I need a place to share my frustration, anger and tears. I also need a place to celebrate me, when I do good. My family blog is about my family. This blog is for my "Daily Stresses".

March 28, 2009

Children + HOA = Mental Breakdown

Children. You've got to love them, but sometimes... this is why I have a separate blog, so I can vent. They are driving me up the wall. Is there a reason that kids have to touch each other, like all the time. In the car, "he touched me"; eating dinner "she touched me". I have had it. I told them tonight that if eating was going to be like this, that we would just stop eating. Talk about an empty threat. But, really???

On top of which, I am super stressed. Some of you know that I am the secretary of our HOA. Not a huge deal. Take minutes at the meetings, keep the spreadsheet of homeowners up to date. Nothing major. Well, today, I had an email from a neighbor that their new neighbor was putting up a wooden fence (it must be white vinyl). Great, I'll check with the president and someone will get over there. Then, a phone call about same fence. "yeah" I said, "I am going to call Rick right now". She tells me, she just talked to Rick, and he resigned as HOA president yesterday...and in the absence of a president, all presidential duties fall to the secretary! ME!

So, I spent the morning talking to this very nice, new family (well, the wife) and telling her that she cannot put up her fence, and her garbage cans have to be behind the house, etc. Oh, and by the way, I know you are just renters, but the owner of this house hasn't paid his dues, and so we will have to collect them from you, plus all the accrued late fees!!! Welcome to the neighborhood!
Thankfully she was very nice, and understanding. The fence is temporary until the vinyl is installed to keep her 3 big dogs in their yard. ( the covenants state that you can only have 2 dogs...we'll cover that another day!!!)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

holy crap! that is insane! i am not a huge confrontation fan, so i got stressed just reading about it!! good luck finding (or becoming) the new hoa president!!

and, on another note, i spend a good portion of my day reinforcing (over and over) the idea of staying in your own space and keeping your hands to yourself. ugh.