Why?

Why another blog? I want a place to share my sadness and triumphs. I need a place to share my frustration, anger and tears. I also need a place to celebrate me, when I do good. My family blog is about my family. This blog is for my "Daily Stresses".

July 6, 2009

Pity Party

I would like to invite you all to my pity party. It is happening right now. I don't know why, or what triggered it, I am just sad.
Church is so hard. I go to sacrament with the family, but I cannot stay for the whole block. I get too emotional and there are too many babies. I don't know what to do to change this. I just am usually down Sunday evening, and quite often into Monday. But today is especially, ummm, sad. I want to curl up and be alone. But, my four restless kids will have none of that!
Some days it is easy to be content and find joy in my regular life. I can see the sun shining, or even the rain clouds, and be happy. I am patient and loving and understanding of my kids. I am a great person.
BUT...then the tide changes, or the phases of the moon, or whatever. I find no joy in my fun bright flowers we just planted (that I got for free)! I look at my scrapbook corner and don't care that I could work on stuff...I should be too busy with a baby to work on stuff. Doing things with my kids is torture (can't you just entertain yourself for a while?). Today is one of those days.
I am hoping to wake up on a different side of the bed tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I am happy to jump on your pity bandwagon. You deserve it. It isn't all-consuming, it is normal.

I have been thinking about you even more lately as I had another friend lose a baby last week. She was 7½ months along. The telestial truths of life suck!!

Sorry it has been rough. My prayers continue to be with and for you!

kimber said...

life just stucks some days!!! I think about you all the time! I wish you would stay now that i get to got to rs so i could have someone to indure it with!!!